Icopal Anderson Torch on VBL Venting Base Layer
- Venting base layer manufactured using a perforated glass fibre reinforcement
- Coated on both sides in bitumen
- Length 20m x width 1m
- Roll weight 30kg
- Thickness 4.0mm
Icopal Anderson Torch on VBL Venting Base Layer is a bitumen roofing membrane manufactured on a bonded fibreglass carrier perforated with 25 mm holes staggered at 75 mm centres. It is a bitumen membrane intended as a perforated preparation/base layer to create a partial bond to the substrate for the underlay within a high-performance bituminous built-up roofing system. The membrane is laid loose.
Features of Icopal Anderson Torch on VBL Venting Base Layer:
- Bitumen coating on both sides
- Finished with fine silica sand
- Compatible with most building materials (except hydrocarbon solvent-based products)
- Length: 20m, Width: 1m, Thickness: 4.0mm, Weight: 30kg per roll
- Certified to BS 8747:2007 standard for Reinforced Bitumen Membranes
- Manufactured under UKAS Quality Management System and approved to ISO 9001:2008
- Environmentally friendly certified under ISO 14001:2004 standards
- Rolls delivered in heat shrink bags
- Wooden pallets used for proper storage and transportation
Application of Icopal Anderson Torch on VBL Venting Base Layer: :
- The substrate should be clean, dry and free of debris.
- The membrane should be laid loose and then spot bonded to the substrate using a torch.
- The next layer of roofing membrane should be laid over the top of the Icopal Anderson Torch on the VBL Venting Base Layer and then torch bonded in place.
Storage of Icopal Anderson Torch on VBL Venting Base Layer::
- The Icopal Anderson Torch on VBL Venting Base Layer should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- The material should be protected from the sun and contact with solvents.
- Always wear safety glasses and gloves when working with bitumen roofing membranes.
- Be careful not to overheat the membrane when torch bonding, as this could cause it to catch fire.
- Do not smoke or use open flames near the membrane during torch bonding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you torch a Vented Base Layer?
No, a vented base layer (VBL) is not typically torch-applied. VBL is generally used as a base or additional layer beneath the torch-on roofing system to provide added protection and insulation.
Do you need a Vented Base Layer for the torch on felt?
Yes, a Vented Base Layer is typically required for torch-on-felt roofing systems. The underlay provides an additional layer of protection against moisture, improves thermal insulation, and helps to create a smooth surface for the torch-on felt to be applied onto.
Do you nail or staple a Vented Base Layer?
Roofing felt is typically fastened using nails rather than staples. Pins provide a more secure and durable attachment to the roof, ensuring the felt remains in place.
Need help with your order? Our knowledgeable staff can help you out with it. For personalised service, speak to an expert at 0333 700 1111 or drop an email at email@example.com
FREE DELIVERY on Duratech Pitched Roof Windows and Accessories on orders over £50 (Exclusions apply)
All other Delivery Charges are based on weight and location, please add products to your basket to calculate shipping.
A small amount of product lines from particular manufacturers listed below will incur a supplier delivery surcharge.
Next Day Delivery available on orders of stocked items if placed before 2pm
Deliveries will be made between 8am and 6pm. Delivery times apply to weekdays only.
Delivery of Windows to the Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man
(postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE, AB)
|Basket Value||Price (£)|
It is with regret that we cannot offer a service to these areas for orders over 126kg but please call us on and we will attempt to organise a delivery to your custom if required.
Supplier Delivery Charges
Please note the following supplier delivery surcharges:
Ariel Plastics = £25.00
Britmet Tileform= £35.00
Lead Products(orders under 250kg) = £50.00
Marley Eternit roof tiles (orders under a pallet) = £75.00
Marley Eternit sheeting (exclusions apply) = £50.00
Redland = £100.00
Palram = £25.00
Please phone us on if you are unsure.