Square Bitumen Felt Shingles
If you’re looking for a cost effective way of achieving an appearance that is similar to that of a plain tiled roof, then JJ Roofing has an excellent range of square felt shingles available in a variety of colours to suit different projects.
Our selection of square felt shingles comes only from top industry manufacturers such as Maple Leaf, Icopal and TechniNICOL. There are a number of benefits to choosing square felt shingles for your property. They are simple to install and have been proven to be extremely long lasting. Their appearance is traditional and attractive and they offer excellent performance when it comes to waterproofing.
Protecting what’s under your roof from the elements could not be easier with the square felt shingles we offer at JJ Roofing. They are a durable choice that is also aesthetically pleasing and will match a wide variety of different properties. You can use square felt shingles on brand new building projects, refurbishment jobs, stables, gazebos, beach huts as well as summerhouses, sports pavilions and garden buildings such as greenhouses. In addition, they can be used as vertical cladding.
Regardless of whether the property is temporary or permanent, commercial or domestic, habitable or recreational, roof felt shingles can be used on it effectively. High quality shingles like the ones we’re offering are by known suppliers including TechniNICOL, Icopal and Maple Leaf which guarantees that they’re a trustworthy solution that will last for years to come.
We have included a step by step guide of the installation process to demonstrate just how simple it will be to effectively finish the job:
- Step 1 – Prepare the roof decking onto which you’ll be fixing the felt square shingles. Always ensure that the roof decking of the structure is clean, dry and stable before commencing with any work
- Step 2 – Fix a suitable felt underlay underneath the final top covering. This process is not mandatory but is recommended
- Step 3 – Make and fix the shingles strips for sloping verges. Always apply these pieces first by gently folding them over the roof edge
- Step 4 – Position the eaves strips, roll them over the roof edge and nail them into position
- Step 5 – Align the first shingle course by setting out the position using a chalk line
- Step 6 – Position and fix the first shingle course into place. Once satisfied, repeat this for all odd numbered courses
- Step 7 – Position and fix the higher courses creating a staggered effect. You can sparingly use roofing adhesive during this process
- Step 8 – Cut the roofing shingles to create ridge shingles
- Step 9 – Align the ridge shingles by using a chalk line or a straight edge to ensure perfect positioning
- Step 10 – Position and fix the ridge shingles into place
- Step 11 – Seal the lap joints in the ridge shingles
- Step 12 – Continue fixing the ridge shingles to achieve equal exposure on both sides, then seal the lap and nail fix both sides into place
- Step 13 – Enjoy your beautiful completed work that will last for years to come!