Res-Tec Flexitec 225g/m² Chopped Strand Mat Fibreglass
- Available in 15m2 or 30m2 roll or a bulk pack of 27kg (120m2)
- Store in a dray environment away from moisture
- The mat is applied with a 50mm overlap between a feathered edge and a straight edge
A high-quality, consistent fibreglass mat that is incorporated into the first coat of Flexitec 2020 Resin. The fiberglass matting is used to provide strength to the system and ensures an even coverage rate, which is essential for any liquid applied.
- Rapid break-down of the binder when consolidated with resin for exceptionally quick detailing work
- Easy to consolidate (wet-through) for quick lay
- Imparts high mechanical strength into the finished membrane
Preparation & Application
Fully consolidating the matting with resin is essential to a successful application. Approximately two-thirds of the required amount of Flexitec 2020 Resin is applied to the surface before rolling out the matting. The resin should be worked through with the roller before applying the final third on top, ensuring a closed, pin-hole free surface is achieved.
TIP: Look for “swirly” matting to be sure you have consolidated the matting. If the fibres are still straight, work the system more with the roller.
Please download the latest version of the Flexitec 2020 Application Manual available for download within the Technical Info tab.