Lead Expansion Joint
For use with lead lined gutters with restricted falls and as a low cost alternative to the restructuring of existing details.
Advice on use:
- Lead Expansion Joint should be fixed at intervals conforming to Lead Sheet Association guidelines;
- Overlay each length of lead sheet to be joined on either lead wing of the Lead Expansion Joint and trim the sheet on both sides so that both overlays are a minimum of 25m in width;
- Protect the rubber in the Lead Expansion Joint before starting to weld;
- Using standard lead burning techniques, weld the expansion joint to both lengths of sheet. A single weld should be sufficient when lap welding Code 5 rolleed sheet;
- Apply Premium Patination Oil to all exposed lead surfaces taking care that the patination oil does not come into contact with the rubber section of the expansion joint;
- When using Expansion Joint Plus, ensure that the bonded edge of the cover strip is on the upper side of the neoprene strip with respect to the gutter fall.